question

milymat avatar image
milymat asked

3 Multiplus and 3 batteries

Hello,
is it possible to use 3 Multi Plus 2 with a battery attachted to each of them?
I would like to increase the max power out of the batteries.

So if a battery can be charged with 48V/100A and I have 3 of them, one on each multi plus, so can I charge with 48/300A ?

Multiplus-IIbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@milymat

Is this one system?

If it is bus bar them individually with the inverters.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

milymat avatar image
milymat answered ·

I would like to install the 3 MP 2 as a system for L1,L2,L3.

The idea behind this is that one MP2 8000 can charge a 48V battery at 110A (~5.3kW).
If my PV module produces 20kW, only 5.3kW can be used. So my idea is to use 3 batteries so that each MP2 can charge at 5.3kW so that I can use a total of 15.6kW.

Is that a valid solution?

1 comment
2 |3000

Michelle Konzack avatar image Michelle Konzack commented ·
Ehm, if you have a 3Oasr system, the MultiPlus-2 48/8000 is chargong with all three chargers parallel.

You do not need 3 seperated batteries (which is also not supported by victron) to charge witj 16kW.

If your System does only charge with 5,3kW currently, then please check rhe settings of the MultiPlusses and your GX device, because it seems, the maximum charging current is limited.

0 Likes 0 ·