question

hr342-owner avatar image
hr342-owner asked

Cerbo GX to control fridge

On my yacht I have a not very precise working fridge. I am nearly unable to control the temperature. It doesn’t matter which setting, it is always working full power and I need to much energy.

My idee is to control the temperature with a ruuvi sensor and the relay output of my Cerbo GX

I want to keep the temperature let say between 7° and 9°C. The fridge should cool down while the temperature is above 7°C. When the fridge is cold enough it should stop cooling. The fridge will become warmer, but should not cool down again until 9°C. A small temperature range is useful, otherwise the refrigerator switches on and off too often

Right now I am separated by several hundred kilometers from my yacht, I can’t check the Cerbo. Is something like this possible? Can I use the Cerbo to switch the fridge on/off like discribed? (there is a relay, I want to replace this relay with the programmable relay of the Cerbo)

Thanks, baffled yacht owner

cerbo gxRelayruuvi sensors
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

giorgos avatar image giorgos commented ·
If the fridge is working all the time, most likely it needs to be re-gassed

0 Likes 0 ·
hr342-owner avatar image hr342-owner giorgos commented ·
No, already checked, it works fine, temperatur sensor doesn't work (always too warm)

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Yip. Get a smart wifi timer like one based on TUYA or ewelink etc. That integrates into nodered, which is part of the GX large image. so does Ruuvi. You can then create logic flows in nodered to turn the smart timer, and by extension fridge, on and off based on the temp reading.

I already do this with geysers, heatpumps etc.

Have a look on the modifications section.

I actually created a mini how-to for tuya.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hr342-owner avatar image hr342-owner commented ·
To be honest I want to use the Cerbo internal conditions. On while temperature is above 7°C is easy. But I don't kown if it is possible to turn it on again when temperature reaches 9°C and not before

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources