question

dewancoetzee avatar image
dewancoetzee asked

Pylontech Cell Imbalance Error

screenshot-71.pngPlease assist with the following error on a Victron Multiplus with 5 x Pylontech UP5000 batteries

-Cell Imbalance alarm: Alarm (cleared after 1s)

-Low battery temperature alarm: Alarm (cleared after 1s)

All the firmware of the Pylontech batteries have been updated.

Pylontechvictron
screenshot-71.png (264.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You really need to log that with pylon support. The GX reports what it is sent by the BMS so this is outside of victrons scope.

Is this a new installation?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alaskannoob avatar image
alaskannoob answered ·

I have a new installation (not sure about OP) and recently had the same thing. Batteries have been powered for about three weeks with no loads on them and about 1.5KW of solar panels. The cells get a bit imbalanced after they charge (.2V off or so) and then balance out over night to normally within .002V. The only alarm I had was from the capacitors of the MPPT and Quattro causing an inrush whenever I would turned batteries off to work on something and then power them back on. That has happened twice.

Then the other day we got a momentary low voltage, high voltage, low temp, and cell imbalance warning all at the same time. Cleared and everything seems normal. Although this morning my cell imbalance is about .004V which is about double what it usually is in the morning.

warn1.jpeg

warn2.jpeg

warn1.jpeg (61.9 KiB)
warn2.jpeg (43.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide