question

snikoloudis avatar image
snikoloudis asked

INFORMATION ABOUT MY PACKAGE

Hello, I have purchased the followings victron products and I have some questions:
M y system includes
1) the multiplus II Victron 48 V, 5 KW
2) the Lynx DC distributor Victron
3) the cerbo GX Victron
4) the 3 batteries Pylontech US2000 48 V, 50 AH
First, in my package, i didn't recieve V-sense , current transformer and VE.Can to Can bus BMS cable. Are they necessary for the system or can skip them?
The DC distributor also, came in my package without the lynx smart BMS. Is it the lynx smart BMS necessary?
Secondly, I have recieved the RS485 to USB cable. In which case i use that? Is it strictly appropriate?
Third, the cable connection supply for AC INPUT is 3x10 mm2 and AC OUTPUT of charger/inverter is 3x10 mm2 too . Is it correct?
Finally, could someone Victron technician help me to put the correct parameters to the system when it's completed via teamviewer or viber?
Thanks a lot.
Pylontechvictron
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·
V-Sense not needed.

Current transformer not needed, but possibly needing depending on install but system will work without.
VE.CAN to CAN Bus cables for Pylontech is needed, should not use system without.
Lynx BMS not needed and doesn't work with Pylontech.
RS485 to USB is for computer config and not GX or will system running.
10mm2 can be correct for Multiplus-ii 5kva if correct breakers are used.

Talk to your distributor for support.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If it was a package you should ask that questions the seller from whom you bought it or ask a local Victron installer for help (you will have to pay for that service).

https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy

Recommended Pylontech settings/Can.bus wiring:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

The Lynx Smart BMS is only for the Victron Smart lithium batteries.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snikoloudis avatar image
snikoloudis answered ·

For that system :Is necessary to use lynx distributor ?

If yes, what kind of mega fuses (how many amberes each) have to be selected?

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

..and it's not a 5kW inverter. It is 5kVA - 4kW.

This is also a community site, it is not here as a substitute service for designing and consulting.

You need to go speak to whoever sold you this equipment, or the distributor that sold it to them.

There is some expensive equipment in that list, easily damaged if someone does not know what they are doing.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic