question

enodev avatar image
enodev asked

Problem updating firmware with VictronConnect on iOS 17

Hi guys, over the summer I had a problem updating firmware over Bluetooth on any of my devices using iPhone 14 Pro, running iOS 17 beta versions, and TestFlight version Victron Connect 6. Specifically Smart Shunt and VE.Bus Smart Dongle always fail at around 30% of uploading the firmware.

This has been happening all summer. Today I tried with production version of iOS 17 and latest Victron Connect 6 and same fail.

Using VictronConnect 6 from TestFlight on iOS 16 works smoothly, so either this is an iOS 17 issue, or my iPhone 14 Pro issue.

Anybody aware of any problems with iOS 17?

VictronConnectfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

iOS17 introduced problems with Bluetooth LE firmware updates. We are checking it with Apple, in the meanwhile we added a workaround in VictronConnect make the firmware succeed, there is still a chance that an update attempt fail, in that case a retry will successfuly complete the update.

The fix is available in VictronConnect v6.00beta6 and next week we will release v5.96 including this fix.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

enodev avatar image enodev commented ·
Thanks @jperez (Victron Energy Staff) for the confirmation, and glad you could find a workaround!
0 Likes 0 ·