question

rustythorn avatar image
rustythorn asked

Ekrano, can the wifi and/or bluetooth be turned off?

can the wifi and/or bluetooth be turned off on the Ekrano? i want to run this at it's lowest possible power draw. if the wife/bluetooth can be turned off, can it be turned on by the touchscreen or will a cable and computer be required?

Bluetoothwifiekrano gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @rustythorn,

The settings are the same for the Ekrano GX as they are for the Cerbo GX with GX touch.

Bluetooth can be completely disabled/re-enabled via the screen in the Bluetooth Menu.

There are two wifi radios.

One is for the 'Built in Access Point" Host - this can be disabled/re-enabled in the WIFI menu.

The other is the Client wifi to connect to another external WIFI network. This one cannot be disabled from the menu, but if you do not connect it to any networks, and don't go into the wifi menu (which will cause it to use power scanning for wifi networks) then it won't use any power.

It may be possible to disable the client wifi further at a lower level, but that isn't something offered but in the UI (nor do I think it's necessary if not connected).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rustythorn avatar image
rustythorn answered ·

thanks a bunch, any chance we can get some data points for self consumption with bluetooth/wifi off? the specs i see right now are 2.6 watts at 12v with the screen off, what would the draw be <with screen off @ 12v> for 1] no bluetooth, 2] no wifi and 3] neither?

i think i've read somewhere that the smartsolar SCCs bluetooth can be turned off. can get i confirmation on that? for example the self-consumption for smartsolar 150/60 and 150/70 is 20 ma @ 48v but the bluesolar 150/60 and 150/70 is 10 ma. i'm assuming the difference is a result of active bluetooth.

1 comment
2 |3000

Solar Charge Controller Bluetooth can be disabled as well.

As that is the primary way to connect with the controller, you will need another accessory to turn it back on again - https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Manual_SmartSolar_MPPT_75-10_up_to_100-20/en/configuration-and-settings.html#UUID-330502da-9b37-93ce-dc17-09c2a4e131ce

There was some power consumption data collected with various things turned on and off, but I don't have it at hand sorry. Remember the CPU consumption is also a variable, an idle GX in test will consume less than one connected to a system and processing. Although these are all very small, measured in a few watts.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Ekrano GX product page.

Ekrano GX online manual

Ekrano GX datasheet

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide