question

alternator avatar image
alternator asked

DC Consumption on VRM using SmartSolar

Are there any plans to ever add DC load consumption to the VRM dashboard from SmartSolar controllers? I can get DC load consumption on the "History" tab of the mobile app but not on VRM. I know I can see Load Current over time logged on the graph but it would be EXTREMELY helpful to just have DC load consumption as it's own metric! The data is on the controller, just send it to VRM please!

I know others have asked this question but it seems to just go unanswered by Victron. There should be no need to add a SmartShunt battery monitor when the load is already being measured and logged...

VRMMPPT SmartSolardashboard display
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
taylortops avatar image
taylortops answered ·

There is a setting in the GX for this. "Has DC System" set to ON shows a DC load tile just under the battery tile. Caveat is: it's a derived value. If actuals are important, install a BMV supplying the aux DC bus.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.