question

meden01 avatar image
meden01 asked

Cerbo GX bluetooth no pin request at first startup

Hi,

I started up my brand new curb gx and tried to connect via bluetooth to my iPhone using the Victron Connect App. Unfortunately stops connecting with error message "no connection possible".

1.) I can find the Cerbo in the device list with good signal

2.) the connection process starts and pop says "Connecting..."code is 000000, (but is new series with printed key on sticker)

3.) I never get the pop up window for entering the PIN.

Tried with iPhone 13, iPad mini, MacBook Pro. Then Windows 10 notebook. (there the PIN is requested, but no connectivity to the Victron Application according documentation)

Serial No. HQ2250xxx

Trying to connect via WIFI hotspot is possible, but missing gear icon on top right to set up WIFI.

Connecting to the remote console shows hotspot IP address and when I try to change network, this is not saved to the settings.

Anybody an idea, what to do?

cerbo gxBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

hi!

yesterday we released a new version of VictronConnect to address exactly this issue. v5.94.

Issue is fixed.

Thank you for reporting - it helped getting the issue fixed quickly.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Matthijs / Victron

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Your app is up to date?

Try remove then reinstall the VC app.

1 comment
2 |3000

meden01 avatar image meden01 commented ·
the app was downloaded from Appstore (iOS) and Victron Homepage (windows, Mac)...
1 Like 1 ·
meden01 avatar image
meden01 answered ·

BTW: beside the Pin request problem, Cerbo GX is not able to handle passwords with characters "$" or "." when activating the local WiFi network.

2 |3000

meden01 avatar image
meden01 answered ·

meanwhile:

1.) reactivated a Samsung Galaxy Android phone. Does not PIN popup either...

2.) made Cerbo GX firmware update (2022xxxx to 2023xxx) after choosing a WiFi with no special characters ;-)

no changes at all....

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @meden01

We have identified a regression in VictronConnect v5.93 which causes this behavior when connecting to a GX device or GlobalLink over bluetooth. We will release a new version as soon as possible that fixes this.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

4 comments
2 |3000

craigrob11 avatar image craigrob11 commented ·

When will this be resolved currently installing new system and unable to connect to cerbo GX I am an iPhone user unable to revert back to old app this problem has caused me lots of headache and money due to new installation for customerscreenshot-2023-08-28-at-61549-pm.png

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ craigrob11 commented ·

Follow the manual and connect to the built-in wifi AP. You can config it from there, no app required.

7.2. Accessing via built-in WiFi Access Point

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Cerbo_GX/140558-CCGX__Venus_GX__Cerbo_GX__Cerbo-S_GX_Manual-pdf-en.pdf

1 Like 1 ·
craigrob11 avatar image craigrob11 nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Unfortunately, in this install, that’s not available due to running Venus OS on a raspberry pi due to my customers request as this runs red node for automations thank you for your help. Anyway :-)
0 Likes 0 ·

Fantastic support Update come out this morning V5.95 fixes the issue :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
nautilus avatar image
nautilus answered ·

I have also experienced the same problem. Connects via WiFi just fine but not Bluetooth on VictronConnect.

2 |3000

ryansabin avatar image
ryansabin answered ·

Thanks for posting this. I just installed this today and was getting so frustrated. If I hadn't read this I would still be beating my head against the wall trying to figure out the issue. I will be quietly waiting for an update now.

2 comments
2 |3000

Update come out this morning V5.95 fixes the issue
0 Likes 0 ·
ryansabin avatar image ryansabin craigrob11 commented ·
Works for me. Thanks for the fast turn around.
0 Likes 0 ·