question

Philmoon69 avatar image
Philmoon69 asked

Can I synchronise charge state between BlueSolar, BMV, easy solar, smart solar and raspberry Pi?

Hi guys and ladies

We have the following hooked up to a raspberry pi ( our sweet sanctuary on vrm )

x2 blue solar regulator 100/50 hooked straight in via usb

1x smart solar regulator 100/50 hooked straight in via usb

1x 712 bmv again hooked up via usb

1x multi plus 3000 VA via mk3 usb

They work perfectly in regards to online and communication (which was supprisingly simple to do).

But we have noticed the smart solar is always on absorption (for about an hour ) when the other two are on float.... the only difference I can see is that the bmv and smart are commincating via bluetooh (which I can not do with the other two as they cannot have Bluetooth leads in as well as the cables to the raspberry pi)

Is there some way to network these devices using the pi (vensux gx )

any help would be much appreciated

MPPT ControllersBMV Battery MonitorVenus GX - VGXBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

This is normal and expected behaviour. The units are acting independently at the moment, and each will have different startup voltages and tail currents that decide their state.

It is planned to allow SmartSolar charge controllers to synchronise charge states.

However this feature is not planned for BlueSolar charge controllers at this stage.

In my experience the difference in total Ah delivered is not significant, as this occurs at the end of the charge cycle when the batteries are the limiting factor in what can be absorbed, not the solar production or the MPPT current limits.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Philmoon69 avatar image
Philmoon69 answered ·

ok not really what I was expecting as an answer for such high end gear but I suppose its an answer. thank you for your response

2 |3000