question

addvanced avatar image
addvanced asked

Cerbo GX Relay Programming: Battery heater?

I'm wondering if I can use my Cerbo GX relays to turn on a battery heating mat for a few minutes per day, in the morning? I'd like the switch to turn on at ... say ... 6am, and turn off at say 7am. Trying to understand how the relays work on this, and what is possible.

cerbo gxRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @ADDvanced

I would recommend using node red for this. Will give you much more flexibility with criteria for on and off.

I do something similar however i use shelly smart switches rather than built in GX device relays as my loads are further away from the gx device. (I use mine for turning on loads when i have excess power but same principle just different on/off criteria).

With node red you could even go a step further with a temperature sensor as well. (Doesnt need to be a victron compatible one either). As long as the temp sensor has a local API you could query that from Node red and say if it's above 10 degrees then dont bother turning on even in the morning.

Happy to help with node red examples if useful.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources