question

alastaira avatar image
alastaira asked

Continious High Backfeed using ESS when Non-Crit Load is Present

Hi, how do I solve this issue on a client system:

ESS is working very well except in these conditions:

1. When client geyser goes on (+-3kWp) as a Non-Critical Load (on Inv I/P).

2. The System then feeds back around 1kWp to 2.2kWp into the Grid connection.

3. There is an external meter (Carlos Cavazzi) on the main breaker of the house.

4. All firmware is up to date.

5. Batt is fully charged or close to, ample PV power is available, critical loads is low.

6. ESS Settings incl.: Opt without Batt Life, AC-Coupled Feedin = Off, DC-Coupled Feedin = ON (set to 0W), Grid Setpoint = 50W.

7. System Config: 2x MP5KVA (Parallel 1P), 3x Freedom Won eTower Batts (each 5kWh), 1x 250/100 MPPT with Modules.

Thus: Client is not happy that he consumes so much Grid power when there is sufficient batt/PV power to power the Non-Crit load directly.

How can I solve thsi please?

ess dischargingess grid setpoint not reached
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Is “has AC loads/AC output” enabled in ESS, the meter selected as the ESS source?

Have you tried to disable DC feed in?

The obvious one, the meter is configured as the correct type in settings.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

May have no bearing on your issue, but why enable DC-Coupled feedin and set it to zero? Why not simply turn it off?

"6. ESS Settings incl.: Opt without Batt Life, AC-Coupled Feedin = Off, DC-Coupled Feedin = ON (set to 0W), Grid Setpoint = 50W."

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic