question

gawan avatar image
gawan asked

Why my battery does not load ? Please have a look ...

Hi,

I am using Lead-Batteries on my 3phase-Victron Setup with 7kWp.

1. The minimum SOC is 50% (I want the battery to discharge during night down to 50%)

2. I want to limit the charge power for the battery to 1000 W (to dont stress it too much)

3. The Gridpoint is set to 200 W (during night the battery should deliver power to the critical loads so that I do not get more than 200 W from the grid)

I was expecting that all the produced Energy will be stored in my battery (and be used during night), but everything is sent to the Grid. (see Pic 1)

Please check my setup and tell me if I have set anything wrong.

BR

Gawan

battery chargingess grid setpoint not reached
1600612915696.png (39.8 KiB)
1600612952023.png (27.9 KiB)
1600612968424.png (22.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Gawan

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:design-installation-manual#batterylife

If you check the manual linked above, The option to get your battery charged is optimized with battery life.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gawan avatar image gawan commented ·

@Alexandra

unfortunately no matter if I use WITH or WITHOUT battery life, the inverter does not load into the grid - it only loads into the battery

To be able to load to the grid I have to choose "keep batteries charged"

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Gawan

The multi is in 'float' stage, so the inverters think the battery is charged. I think the problem might be your charging settings in the multi's.

Please have your installer or dealer check the settings.

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic