question

jfleissner avatar image
jfleissner asked

2 x Multiplus 2 48/3000 (parallel on phase 1) in ESS: grid setpoint not reached

Hello,

I am using 2 x Multiplus 2 48/3000 (parallel on phase 1) in an ESS configuration with a Pylontech Battery US2000b+ (9.6kwh total) and a Venus device with EM24DIN. There also is a Fronius Symo 15-M AC coupled inverter with 10kwp PV connected.

All this in Germany on a 3Phase grid ("Schieflast" is avoided by other measures).

The second Multiplus was only installed yesterday, since then I observe that the grid-setpoint is never reached, there is, especially on battery, always a much greater consumption from the grid than set.

Grid Setpoint is set to 10W, true average consumption from the grid is almost 200W all through the night. As I stated: this is only true since the installation of the second multi.

If I adjust the setpoint to -200W, consumption drops but as soon as the solar kicks in during daytime I am exporting more than I want.

What could be the reason?

Thank you very much!

Johannes

multiplus in paralleless grid setpoint not reached
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dennis avatar image dennis commented ·

Hi Johannes,

at me the same!

First Multiplus (48/3000/32) was running for 2 years with Setpoint at 0Watt. It was working great.

After i put an additional Multiplus as Parallel Installation on Pahse 1 the grid setpoint will not be hold. Struggeling around 100Watt. I have to set the grid setpoint to -80Watt to reach nearly 0Watt on the Meter.

Maybe a bug in Parallel Systems?

1 Like 1 ·
kai-gt avatar image kai-gt dennis commented ·
Same Problem here ,

2 MP-II 3000/48/32 in parallel Setup, ESS is missing the Grid Set Point by at least a few 100 Watts.

Power-Output is not the same with both Inverter,

Maybe 1/3 generated from the older Inverter and 2/3 of Power from the newer Inverter, measured on the AC Side.

Both MP-II 3000 run fine as single inverter Configuration with ESS, together not usable.

Both Devices are the *5010, the first one from 2021 and one from Feb. 2022.

Firmware on the inverters is up to date, 497

Kind Regards,

Kai

1 Like 1 ·
dennis avatar image dennis dennis commented ·
i added a third multiplus and switched to 3 phase. Now this problem went away. So i think this might be a bug in parallel mechanism.
0 Likes 0 ·
bonie-wanda avatar image bonie-wanda commented ·

5ad0c0b7-bd6e-40a1-94d0-0bf2d916e564.png7add6a12-4eb8-4643-ae91-3347fe633e9d.png

Hi

Single-phase: 2x parallel Multiplus II 3000/230/48/35-32 firmware 2629-497

I have a similar problem. Installed a parallel inverter 4 days ago and immediately the grid consumption tracks above the the set grid point.

The problem gets worse when in Power Assist mode via AC-In, even with enough PV Solar.

0 Likes 0 ·
7 Answers
jfleissner avatar image
jfleissner answered ·

Hi.

It seems I found the issue: my 3-Phase grid as it was coming in from the utility provider was not fed into the switchboard as clockwise rotating field. Since the house is from the 1960s and I did not do the upgrade on the main panel, I never checked.

Could this have been the issue? Can anyone confirm?

Johannes

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kmorgan avatar image
kmorgan answered ·

I have this issue on ess single phase parallel what’s the answers?

2 |3000

harry4516 avatar image
harry4516 answered ·

I'm experiencing the same issue. Initially, a single Multiplus was working perfectly with an Energy Storage System (ESS) and a grid setpoint of 0. However, after installing a second Multiplus in parallel, I have to set a setpoint of 120 W to get a reading of 0, with a margin of error of around +/- 100 W.

It seems that this issue is specific to parallel installations, and despite upgrading the firmware of both devices to 502, the problem still persists. It appears to be a bug that needs to be addressed.

2 |3000

harry4516 avatar image
harry4516 answered ·

in the meantime I have changed the parallel installation to a 3-phase installation.
In 3-phase the grid setpoint works perfectly, like in single device/single phase.

2 |3000

gnsa14 avatar image
gnsa14 answered ·

Good news guys,
I recently added 2nd Multiplus 2 in parallel with another purchased a few years ago.
This drifting of ESS grid septoint was occuring, and the discrepancy seemed to vary depending on my PV generation, very frustrating!

Well, good news is Venus OS firmware v3.00 sees to have fixed this issue for me, with its updated ESS control. Give it a try!

2 |3000

dariusdiy avatar image
dariusdiy answered ·

I have the same issue as many of you. Had a Multiplus 2 with PV inverter on input and ET340 energy meter, and everything worked just fine tracking the set grid point of -10W.

After installing a second parallel Multiplus II, even though the output load is balanced between the inverters, when the PV inverter starts to generate, the grid setpoint almost mirrors the Output power, eg. if output on critical loads is ~1000W it would be pushing to the grid ~700W from the battery (since the PV inverter just started generating in the morning).
This issue continues all day regardless how much the PV inverter is producing and it also continues at night untill a load of ~2000W is applied for a few seconds, then the grid goes back to the set point of -10W. If I let just the DC coupled PV via the MPPT 250/100 this issues does not happen .

Any Ideas why/ any solution?

(GX firmware v3.10, Multiplus II running firmware version 506)

P.S. if I reconfigure to a single Multiplus II (regardless of which of the two), again the problem goes away

2 |3000

kai-gt avatar image
kai-gt answered ·

I had the same Problems, 3 Phase Setup in Germany, 2 MP II-3000/48 on the same Phase, Gridpoint not reached, random Imports and Exports.

My Solution, to fix this, was a Change to 120 degress Split Phase Setup ( encouraged from a Victrom Dealer ) , 2 Multi Plus, each with a separate Phase, and the additional PV Inverter on the remaining Phase. Works fine now, my Energy Meter is an RS485 CG Em24. PS: Please check the Rotation Direction from your Phases, the Master Multiplus should be on the same phase connected to Phase 1 of theEnergy Meter and so on...

Best Regards from Guetersloh,

Kai

2 |3000