question

brbrv avatar image
brbrv asked

Incorrect BMV-712 Battery Voltage after Replacing PV

img-3096.pngimg-3095.pngI have two solar arrays running on two different Victron controllers. I replaced a defective PV in my 6-panel solar wall array. The old panel was 190w and the new one is 200w. Upon enabling the wall controller, I noticed higher solar voltage and lower amperage readings. I anticipated this because of the wattage increase for the replacement panel. What I didn’t expect are incorrect low and high battery readings when viewing the history. Do I need to recalibrate my BMV?

The BRBRV Wall screenshot displays the incorrect data while the BRBRV Roof (8-panel array) readings are correct. Any advice appreciated.

voltagebattery system voltage
img-3095.png (127.1 KiB)
img-3096.png (125.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Check the wires, fuses, MCB, disconnecter switch or whatever else you have between the "BRBRV Wall" MPPT and the battery. Look for loose connections or corroded contacts.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brbrv avatar image brbrv commented ·
Thank you. I checked everything between the MPPT and the batteries. Everything looks good and tested normal. I am not seeing any errors in the BMV MPPT data.
0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 brbrv commented ·

Disconnect the PV (or during the night) and measure the voltage at the battery terminals of the MPPT.

0 Likes 0 ·
brbrv avatar image
brbrv answered ·

I am also not seeing any issues with the MC4 connectors.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic