question

charlielow avatar image
charlielow asked

Voltage / stage of charge percentage of a Victron Super Cycle AGM battery

I want to know what voltage relates to what state of charge for a Victron Super Cycle AGM battery, as I think it differs from a standard AGM battery. If anyone knows the voltage for state of charge in 10% increments from 0% to 100% it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

CCGX Color ControlvoltageAGM Batterybattery system voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

In any battery, Voltage does not track State of Charge very well at all. Many factors influence the battery Voltage including temperature, the current flowing into or out of the battery, its age and the number of cycles including the depth of those cycles.
The Voltage can change significantly between changing from a 10A discharge and 10A charge in one second without the SOC moving at all.
Additionally, the Voltage would not track linearly down in step with SOC.

SOC can only be properly represented by counting the energy into and out of the battery and applying Peukerts exponent to the calculation and accounting for charge inefficiencies. This is the job of the BMV or SmartShunt components.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

charlielow avatar image charlielow commented ·
I know that voltage doesn't accurately track state of charge and it's not a linear scale, but I want to know the related values so that I can measure the voltage of a new AGM Super Cycle battery and check if it's at 100% or what percentage it is at, to accurately calibrate the BMV.
1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page