question

joshua-backwell avatar image
joshua-backwell asked

Cerbo GX alarm triggered by BMS SOC

Hello all,

I'm looking for some assistance with setting up battery alarms using a Dyness BMS.

My current setup uses lead acid batteries with a smart shunt and Cerbo GX. The Cerbo's alarm NC contacts are connected to the remote terminals of an Orion Tr DC DC converter that powers my loads. Currently I have the options to:

1. Manually drop the loads (or more commonly power cycle the connected loads to reboot them)
  2. Drop the loads due to low voltage, high voltage, low SOC from the smart shunt
  3. Drop the loads due to high or low batt temperature from temperature sensors connected to the Cerbo.

In the new setup, we are using Dyness batteries, so there is no need for the smartshunt anymore, as we have the BMS reporting all the relevant info to the Cerbo. Does anyone know if it's possible to trigger the Cerbo alarm based on SOC or Vbatt settings in the cerbo itself?

I need to be able to control the loads, monitor the alarm status and protect the batteries, but without hitting the Dyness battery LVD - as that would also drop all my comms so I would no longer be able to monitor the system.

It has been suggested to me that I could set relay 1 as gen start/stop and use the SOC and VBatt setpoints to control the loads - this would work, but it makes a mess of the monitoring as everything in VRM is going to be referring to generators rather than load protection.

Any help would be appreciated - if anyone from the GX dev team is out there, it would be really, really great if you could have similar SOC/VBatt settings for triggering the cerbo's alarm!

cerbo gxBMSRelayalarm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers