question

zoz avatar image
zoz asked

what firmware update do I need Multiplus 12/3000 120-16 with old serial number HQ1428 BXCVD

I can't find if my multiplus is running old microprocessor or new microprocessor , the only serial number I can find is HQ1428 BXCVD can someone help please so I can update the firmware.

firmware updatemultiplus ve.bus
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Zoz

You will have to physically open the unit to look at the number on the chip.

There is a very high chance it is the old micro though. 2015 was the release of the newer ones.

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2015/08/28/ve-bus-firmware-400-a-major-step-forward/

0 Likes 0 ·
zoz avatar image zoz Alexandra ♦ commented ·
ok thanks Alexandra , maybe stupid question but where would I find the chip?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ zoz commented ·
@Zoz

@Dušan Klofutar definitely gave the best answer here. A picture.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

If you have a GX you can look under the inverter tab in the remote console -> device.

It might show a 4-digit product ID, you can use that to identify the firmware you need as that is the same first 4 digits of the firmware version.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dušan Klofutar avatar image
Dušan Klofutar answered ·

20220923-113502.jpg

The large chip with sticker...

1 comment
2 |3000

zoz avatar image zoz commented ·
You guys are great , thank you so much. I wish I had found this community earlier as it would have saved a lot of time.
0 Likes 0 ·
zoz avatar image
zoz answered ·

so what firmware do I update to

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

You have the large processor so you can update to the latest version 506.

But you need to use VEflash:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/updating_firmware:updating_ve.bus_products

2 Likes 2 ·