question

ggoettgens avatar image
ggoettgens asked

Multiplus shows "Unsupported firmware version" after update to 4.90

After connecting a new Multiplus 12/1200/50 for the first time to Victron Connect (Version 5.56, Windows, via MK3 USB) a popup suggested a firmware update. After updating the firmware to v4.90, the settings page shows "unsupported firmware version". The Victron Connect version (5.56) is the lastet. What can I do?

multiplus.jpg

multiplus2.jpg

firmware updatemultiplus ve.bus
multiplus.jpg (63.5 KiB)
multiplus2.jpg (32.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
vectra avatar image
vectra answered ·

Hello, disconnect all connections VE.Bus. Switch on MultiPlus on the device. Connect Multiplus to PC via VE.Bus and restart Victron Connect. Now check the settings again.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ggoettgens avatar image
ggoettgens answered ·

I found a solution: Because the Multiplus was a new device, it was on the desk and I hadn't a battery connected to it. After connecting a DC power supply and disconnecting AC, I could run a "force detection". Then a new firmware update was suggested (v4.94) and voilà, wer're back in business.

2 |3000

vectra avatar image
vectra answered ·

Super!

Greetings
Markus

2 |3000

JONI RAVAI avatar image
JONI RAVAI answered ·

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue with a 24/1200 multiplus. After re-installing Victron Connect App for a couple of times, app wouldnt allow me to access settings and to update the inverter to the latest version. Current firmware for inverter is 490.

What can I do?

2 |3000