question

Colin avatar image
Colin asked

Connecting Smart BMS CL 12/100 to the NEW version MultiPlus 2kVA 120V

It's very clear from the manuals and pervious threads here how to connect the Load/Charge Disconnect ports of the Smart BMS CL 12/100 to pretty much any MulitPlus EXCEPT the newest version of the MultiPlus 12/2000/80 120V that looks specifically like this:

multiplus-12-2000va-80.png

pmp122200100-multiplus-12-2000va-80-120v-bottom-op.png

The manuals for Multi's and the Smart BMS CL refer to the older versions, the compact versions, the 3kVA+ version etc. but this new one has a new, unique set of port connections that are not captured in any of the manuals [or previous threads from what I found].

This version does not have Aux inputs and does not have 3-pin remote switch ports. It only has a 2-pin remote on/off port and a 2-pin temp sensor port (arrows in the image above)

1a) Do I use the Inverting remote on-off cable (ASS030550120)?

1b) If so, do I use 2 of them (1 for load disconnect and 1 for charge disconnect) and which ports do they connect to? (This would be similar to the Multi 3kVA+ versions where I would then use VE Configure to set the response for each of the ports used)

- or -

2a) Do I use the Cable for Smart BMS CL 12-100 to MultiPlus (PN: ASS070200100)

2b) If so, which ports do I connect to? The 2-pin remote on/off ports are not lebelled - how do I know what is "+","-","L" or "H"?

2c) If so, does this mean there is only ON or OFF - no option for "Charge Only"?

For reference, here are the instructions for the "Cable for Smart BMS CL 12-100 to MulitPlus":

"

The cable must be wired to the remote on/off connector of the MultiPlus models:

• When used with the MultiPlus 500VA-1200VA models connect the black wire to the ON terminal and the red wire to the (+) terminal.

• When used with the MultiPlus Compact 800VA-2kVA models connect the black wire to the middle terminal and the red wire to the right (IN) terminal.

• When used with the MultiPlus-II models connect the black wire to the lower (-) terminal and the red wire to the upper (+) remote on-off terminal.

"

Notice, no mention of a "MultiPlus 2kVA", let alone the new version.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Cheers.

BMSconnection issue
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Victron VE.Bus BMS product page

Victron 3rd party BMS compatibility page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic