question

retrotecchie avatar image
retrotecchie asked

Problems with Sun Inverter and Victron Connect

I have a small off-grid solar setup designed to provide me with enough power in a remote shed to run a couple of LED lightbulbs, charge my cordless power tools and run a laptop occasionally.

The combination of the Sun inverter, an 80Wp panel and a 70Ah maintenance-free leisure battery does the job just nicely. However, I have a couple of 'funnies' than I can't seem to get any information on.

1. The status panel on my Victron Connect app (on an Android phone) doesn't seem to reflect the charge status of the battery. If the inverter is on, the status changes to Inverting, otherwise, the status just says Bulk, no matter what the charging voltage or the SoC of the battery. The History panel clearly shows that the battery is spending time in bulk, some time in absorb and the balance of the time in Float, but the Status only ever shows Bulk. The Yellow status LED on the inverter itself accurately shows the charge status (slow flashing, fast flashing or steady) and seems to accurately reflect the voltages present at the battery.

2. The History display seems to have a really hard time working out where the days should change. On a couple of occasions, the History has switched to a new day at midday, other times it changes in the afternoon. Sometimes, it doesn't change at all...but 'older' days end up shuffling up the display. I installed the system on 3rd July, but it has only recorded 22 days of discreet information and as I say, the transition times between one day and the next seem rather intermittent.

Any ideas? I'm running the latest versions of the App and the firmware and Bluetooth communications have been updated to the latest releases.

Neither of these problems are going to cause me any sleepless nights. The system is otherwise perfect, but they are definitely 'annoyances' that I would appreciate a 'fix' for.

chargerPhoenix Inverter
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

retrotecchie avatar image retrotecchie commented ·
Additional information.

There seems to be some inconsistency with the minimum and maximum battery voltages too. On at least three occasions, the Victron Connect App has recorded a minimum battery voltage at around 5.6v in some days. This has surely got to be wrong as my battery voltage has not dropped below 12.1v...ever!

0 Likes 0 ·
k-k avatar image k-k retrotecchie commented ·
@retrotecchie Have you got a solution, or have victron said something?

Are you still using the sun inverter?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
k-k avatar image
k-k answered ·

I can confirm these bug's. They are not handled by victron yet. You also may not see the undervoltage warning in the recording.

Try to get in contact with @Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff)

(De: MfG)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page