question

mds avatar image
mds asked

Isolation Transformer 230/60hz --> 230v Quattro set to 50hz // Genset 50hz

Genset 230/50hz, boat 230/50hz, all non dual hz removed except for stuff that doesnt care, AirCon converted to 12v. 230 Quattro will be set to 50hz so that when inverting she puts out 50hz. On anchor everything will be nice and 50hs. Question is, when shorepower 30a 115/60 is supplied to the Iso Trans, and comes into the quattro as 230/60, (or probably more like 265v/60), I know she will output 60HZ, but what happens with LOM and switch back to inverting, or if someone some how starts the genny? Other side effects? Does she continue to output 60 after? Does she switch fast skipping a few waves? Does she get pissed and fault? Battery charger function? known issues here? Any real experience would be great.

Suggestions for wide frequency, UPS etc?

Also plan on Skylla-ip65 to AC2 to shut off when inverting. Looking to set PA to AC1 only and adjusting settings in Skylla down a touch.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGeneratorshorepower
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvas avatar image mvas commented ·
There are other threads describing this. Did you read them?
0 Likes 0 ·
mds avatar image mds mvas commented ·

Yes but nothing that I found that specifically says what the hz output is on LOM if input is different than programmed

0 Likes 0 ·
mvas avatar image mvas mds commented ·

The first two threads that I read had the same answer. In fact, you answered your own question when you wrote ...

230 Quattro will be set to 50hz so that when inverting she puts out 50hz.

0 Likes 0 ·
mds avatar image mds mvas commented ·

I did read the other threads but can not seem to find specifics. There are several questions. Im actually looking to see if anyone has experience in this situation specifically, so I can actually 100% know how quattro will respond.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I think that the quatro would be unable to synchronise to the 60Hz input, so won't actually switch to shore power - as the input frequency will be too high. Best solution would be to use an independent charger that does not care about the input frequency.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mds avatar image mds commented ·

I was told the quattro wont sink but instead pause and switch.

0 Likes 0 ·