question

Dave Birch avatar image
Dave Birch asked

Adding a low power Phoenix 12/500 to minimise idle current

I have two Multipleplus 12/3000 inverters in parallel so have plenty of power available. The problem is, the idle draw of these is too high to justify running them for charging mobile phones / laptops, running starlink etc. so I thought I’d add a Phoenix 12/500 for these. I have a few ways I could connect it in:

a) As a separate inverter just to power my 220v outlets (not the galley outlets which would run off the large inverters for toasters/kettles etc).

b) Some how integrated with the 12/3000s. I’ve read about things like UPS mode which I assume would allow the 12/3000s to step in if the 12/500 shut down due to overload, but relying on overloading the 12/500 sounds like a bad idea. Also, I suspect UPS mode also has an idle draw

Wondering if there are any other methods that I’m missing. I’d have thought this was a common problem / use case, but I can’t find much in the way of best practices on this forum. Apologies if I’m missing something.

multiple inverters
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic