question

betaoil avatar image
betaoil asked

Two battery banks

Is it possible to have two battery banks, that are two different chemistries. My idea is to have two inverters running from the same ac in phase.

I’m in uk running 230v 50hz

I wondered if I had the ct clamps to detect the order at which the inverters needed to operate or not.

multiple inverters
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

If those two inverters would power two separated circuits at your home, why not.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

betaoil avatar image betaoil commented ·

Like the idea, is it not possible for one to kick in if the power in one of the battery bank is empty the other inverter will pick up the slack ?
also after the charger charging the bank instead of feeding back to grid from pv.

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp betaoil commented ·

Ok, if you have two different battery packs connected to two different inverters, you can power two separate circuits at your house, or you can feed output from one inverter to the input of the other.

In the first setup you will utilize full power of both systems. You can install a switch-over relay to join your house circuits in case one of them fails.

In the second one, you will use one as a backup to the other.

Of course you will have to have also two separate PV systems.

0 Likes 0 ·
betaoil avatar image betaoil marekp commented ·

I really appreciate your help will give this some more thought

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic