question

simonmtl avatar image
simonmtl asked

SmartSolar 100/20 yellow led flash every 3 seconds

Hi again,

sorry for asking so many question in the last couple of days...I find it kind of hard to find information sometimes, seams like information is spread out on to many places and there is some stuffs that are left unknown..

so today, i notice the yellow led is flashing every 3 seconds, in the manual there is no information about that, there is 2 condition where the yellow light flash would indicate a fault but it would have to have the green or the blue led flashing too. no condition with only the yellow light flashing....

FW is v1.39

status on the MPPT is
absorption mode at 14,8v @ 6A

Pv roughly 33v @2.8A

temp is 24C
was in bulk for 4 hrs this morning now in absorption for 45 minutes

MPPT ControllerserrorHelpled
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

simonmtl avatar image simonmtl commented ·

Now in float mode it does the same, green led flashing every 3 sec :/

0 Likes 0 ·
Elimac avatar image Elimac simonmtl commented ·

Well, it really seems "External control" then. Strange, since your MPPT is standalone. Check again in the morning in bulk. When I set my MPPT to this mode, it blinks in every of the 3 leds. This in 1.39 version, I think it will change soon.

Maybe your MPPT is "confused" somehow. Did you try reset? First disconnect panels and then battery. Reverse order to switch on again.

Also, please check - do you have any jumper in the VE.direct connector?

0 Likes 0 ·
simonmtl avatar image simonmtl Elimac commented ·

Sorry for late follow up, I’m busy converting my van..

I did a reset, shutting down panel then battery, waited 2 minutes and then putting power back, same issue.

No jumper in the connector.

The only thing I can see I have done different yesterday when that happened, is that I used for the first time my computer to connect via Bluetooth to check how was the app on the laptop compared to the mobile app.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Elimac avatar image
Elimac answered ·

Check if you enabled DVCC + charge current limit control on CCGX/ Venus device.

In such cases, the MPPT will blink every 3 seconds or so, in any stage. It happens that you are seeing in absorption, but if this is the cause, you will see it in float and bulk too. Is normal, means "externally controlled". I hope you have a CCGX to make this true :)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

simonmtl avatar image simonmtl commented ·

No, I don’t have CCGX, only BMV 712 and MPPT

Thanks anyway

0 Likes 0 ·
Elimac avatar image
Elimac answered ·

Hum... that must be it...

With your phone and Victron Connect, check if you created a "network" on the MPPT -> option "VE.Smart networking". Maybe the Mppt is trying to connect to your PC, hence the blinking.

1 comment
2 |3000

Daniel avatar image Daniel commented ·

If you create a network between BMV and MPPT then the BMV sends the battery voltage to the MPPT charger to optimize Charge. Then it Blinks every three seconds. It's normal. Have this too with an Temperature Sensor ony battery.

-Daniel

0 Likes 0 ·
dwmarine avatar image
dwmarine answered ·

Is the MPPT "smart networking" with the BMV712?

I think they share voltage readings

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic