question

plinley avatar image
plinley asked

MPPT 75/15 yellow led flashes 9 times

MPPT 75/15 yellow led flashes 9 times

MPPT 75/15 has been working with some lead acid 12v batteries... got a new vmax SLR125 AGM in today and connected it... yellow light just flashes 9 times. Disconnected everything and reconnected... same thing.

Victron Connect shows 12.69V on battery, current is about -0.4A, state fluctuates between bulk and off.

14.95V .5A from Solar Panel.

NOWHERE do the error codes cover this flash error... anyone please?

Thanks

MPPT Controllerserrorled
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

To start charging the panels need to produce 5 volts above battery voltage. and then needs to hold over 2 volts above battery voltage or the Mppt will turn off

suspect you need a higher voltage panel

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

plinley avatar image
plinley answered ·

It was very cloudy and the voltage was likely not high enough, but I don't think that's what the error code was indicating. I disconnected everything for about 10 minutes and reconnected in the proper order and the lights indicated everything correctly... I do not, however, understand why there is nothing in Victron's documentation regarding the 9 amber flashes - and whatever other codes are undocumented.

1 comment
2 |3000

mark-a avatar image mark-a commented ·

I just had a similar issue. My BlueSolar MPPT wasn't charging despite the sun shining bright onto the panel and the PV voltage being high. The yellow MPPT LED was repeatedly blinking fast 7 times in a row, then 1 second pause. It would have been very helpful if this error code was explained anywhere because it could have sped up the process of finding the error. Yet it isn't, neither in the manual nor in the general document describing error codes, nor in the Toolkit App. It turned out the battery connection was interrupted. So the MPPT blinking yellow 7 times in a row apparently means "no battery connection". Why isn't that basic information not available anywhere?

BTW the device reported zero errors in VictronConnect as well as on the remote console.

UPDATE: The device is blinking again 7 times but working properly.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual