question

sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru asked

Configuration of MPPT RS 450/200

Hi

This question might be a bit stupid, but I want to avoid issues.
I got my new MPPT RS 450/200 now, and I am asking myself if it needs to be configured before connecting it to the existing system (3ph Quattro, 8xUS2000C) or if the CAN connection to the CerboGX takes care about basic setting for the busbar/battery side? I assume solar can be configured than over the Cerbo somehow without need to pull the CAN and go with MK3 to the MPPT.

The manual I got is a bit vague on how to bring the MPPT RS into a running existing system.

Thanks in advance

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxmppt rs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

It should always be manually configured.

The startup process is clear, first power from battery.

Once online you can do any configuration via VC - correct voltages etc.

Once you have confirmed the GX can see it and it is under external control, enable PV.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sesshoumaru avatar image sesshoumaru commented ·
Okay, as I have Pylontech Batteries and the GX is managig the voltages and all, I thought it might be doing the instruction of the MPPT as well. Will see .. thanks :)
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ sesshoumaru commented ·
It does, but in the event of a loss of comms or GX etc, you always want your system to have a manual configuration.
0 Likes 0 ·
sesshoumaru avatar image sesshoumaru nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Ah, okay... now I see. Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·