question

azredone avatar image
azredone asked

Will Victron SmartSolar Charge Controller stop charging lithum batteries when they get too hot?

The county made me move my battery bank outside, so they are now in a shed. I have a temp sensor on my battery that's connected to the charge controller. I want to know if the CC will switch off if the battery temp gets too high to prevent from harming the lithium batteries? Right now it's at 112 degrees fahrenheit

Lithium Batterycharge controller compatibility
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·

The BMS for your battery is responsible for high/low temp, high/low voltage, etc protection, NOT the solar charge controller.

What you have for BMS depends on the battery. Some batteries have a built-in BMS, others require an external one. Let us know what type of battery you have and we may be able to help further.

1 Like 1 ·
azredone avatar image azredone Kevin Windrem commented ·

Bought off Amazon.

LiTime 12V 300Ah Lithium LiFePO4 Battery, Built-in 200A BMS, Max 2560W Power Output, Easy Installation, 4000+ Deep Cycles, FCC&UL Certificates, 10-Year Lifetime, Perfect for Off-Grid, RV, Solar

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?