question

pau-adell avatar image
pau-adell asked

Grid parallel fault

Hello!

So, I just recently built a DIY battery (bms doesn’t show in picture) as you can see in the picture and I had some problems configuring the Multiplus II 48v 5kVA.

20230705-192146-1.jpg

I wanted to do the simplest installation so I chose to do a grid parallel installation for now as I have the battery quite far from the electrical box.

theoreticalinstallation.png

Here I show the theoretical installation I wanted to have and the one I have exactly done in case I have done anything wrong that I am not seeing... In my opinion, I highly doubt I have done anything wrong with the connections and I have checked ground and voltage with a multimeter but I will show it just in case.

captura.jpg

After doing the configuration with the VEconfigure I got the next error:

error.jpg

I have already read the ve.bus_error_codes but still not know the specific error. Maybe I am doing the ESS configuration wrong! I have also followed some videos but could have done something wrong, I live in spain and everything is up to date and chouse its grid code standard.

Multiplus-IIerrorgrid parallel
captura.jpg (72.0 KiB)
error.jpg (39.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
janieronen avatar image
janieronen answered ·

If these are already check please contact your Victron dealer. Most often N & L are swapped. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:ve.bus_error_codes#error_11_-_relay_test_fault_-_installation_error_or_possibly_relay_failure

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pau-adell avatar image pau-adell commented ·

Thank you very much for your reply! I feel ashamed I just realized that I have the whole system at home with the polarities reversed! It works now, luckily I can just change two wires and fix everything!

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes