question

ds1707 avatar image
ds1707 asked

MP II Grid value alternating high resulting in high grid supply

Hello guys,

I had to change my settings from Venus on Raspberry to CerboGX device, due to heating unit nor supporting Rpi Venus (different story).

Now the system is running for two months and i am facing in my opinion hight grid supply of 1,5-2Kwh/day when battery is fully and PV the whole day.

Before changng to Cerbo GX the value was between 0,2-0,8kWh/day.

My setup is:

- CerboGX (Firmware 3)

- Multiplus II (Firmware 5.05)

- Battery with seplos BMS (not changed)

- EM24 RS485 Energy meter

When i watch the grid value it keeps alternatiing between -200 and +200 Watt every second. This looks kind of weird.

i already tried with different grid point setting (0 Watt to -150Watt).

Has anybody already solvend this kind of issue?

Best Regards,

Dominik

Multiplus-IIgridem24ess settingsess grid setpoint not reached
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nunorgp avatar image
nunorgp answered ·

Hello,

I also noticed that on my setup, but I never used a raspberry . Below you see a photo of two completly different days with the same setup :

comparison.jpgFirst - high solar production and high consumption ( Considering the house was empty )

Second - low prodution and also high consumption, but this time I was at home and turning off/on stuff .

So it seems that I consume more when I am not at home ...

You are probably experiencing the same, when solar production is high consumption is higher, as part of it is efficiency loses . Could not find anywhere on the Victron documentation that this would be the case , but it seems plausible .

comparison.jpg (123.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes