question

banne avatar image
banne asked

MK3 usb dongle buggy in Win 10

See video attached. This happens EVERYtime I connect the USB programmer to a laptop. The mouse is going everywhere except where it needs to go to and returns to normal when disconnecting the USB. This happens on HP and Lenovo laptops. Drivers are up to date

VEConfigure 3MK3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

I have a HP Pavillon and Lenovo (around 6 years old) and both with Winsuck 10 and working perfect with the MK3-USB cable.

Could be an issue with the type of the Laptops

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

That happens sometimes.

Try another USB port or shut down the laptop, plug in the MK3 and start the laptop again.

1 comment
2 |3000

banne avatar image banne commented ·
I think it should never happen. Its not normal, its buggy and needs to be fixed
0 Likes 0 ·
dirk-s avatar image
dirk-s answered ·

I also had this Issue on a Surface Pro Tab many times. Therefore I used an old Lenovo notebook. At the moment also my surface tab works again (now Windows 11)

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Did you install the drivers? I had to when I was on Win 10.

https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/software

2 |3000

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

I had on Friday an issue at a customer.

I have 2 versions of Windows 10, Swedish and English and both are working. My customer is using the Finnish and German versions and I was runing with my MK3-USB cable into problems. Windows was updated with the last stuff and we installed the driver from Victron.

The error seems to be Windows version related.

2 |3000

Related Resources

VEConfigure manual

VEConfig alternative method for VE.Bus using VictronConnect

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic