question

abdmasoud avatar image
abdmasoud asked

Do the GX Touch 50 and the Cerbo GX really control the system?

After a long searching for adequate Information about the suitable system for my RV which I am going to use continuously for the coming 4 years, was getting confused about all the suggestion which I was finding in the Internet.

The system will be mounted as an addition part of the electrical system which have a Schaudt Electro Block from which manage and secure distribution of electricity, control battery charging in the RV

My Victron dealer who is going to mount the system is sometimes confused when I aske him about different components which everyone uses.

The system which I am going to mount will be including the following parts:

MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50 230V VE. Bus 2 3,121.36, LiFePO4 Battery 12,8V/330Ah Smart, Smart Solar MPPT 100/50, 2 Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-30A (360W) Non-isolated DC-DC charger, BMV-712 BLACK Smart or Smart Shunt 500A/50mV, GX Touch 50, Cerbo GX, Small BMS

My question if the system is smart enough and the GX Touch in combination with the Cerbo GX can do much work, why everyone is keep advising to have a BMV-712 BLACK Smart or the Smart Shunt 500A/50mV and all other BMS optiones.

Is there any way to keep the system so simple so I will not have any conflict while traveling around away from Home?

I hope that this subject was not been asked previously and if so I will appreciate having any links about

Regards

cerbo gxorion-tr smartmultiplus ve.bus
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

@abdmasoud Skip the Small BMS and use a VE.Bus BMS V2 instead.

The VE.Bus BMS V2 integrates with the multiplus easier and more thoroughly.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Do you know, that the Schaudt Electro Block is NOT suitable for your LiFePO4 Battery 12,8V/330Ah Batteries?

If you want to use the Victron System, remove the Schaudt Electro Block and install a stand alone fuse panel.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

abdmasoud avatar image abdmasoud commented ·

Thank you Michalle for the comment i was thinking seriously for eliminating the Schaudt EBL but no one in Austria is willing to do the work for me with 100% guarantee that the system will function then as it is in the meantime.

My vehicle is 2 months young and I do not want to miss with the guarantee unless I am certain that things will work smoothly.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

This is like a request for what does what in the Victron system.

In a nutshell.

Cerbo controls almost all the components using a feature called DVCC, exception is the Orions, which I'll come back to. Cerbo needs accurate information about current flows, which it gets from shunt, MPPT, multiplus. An intelligent battery/bms can also provide current flow as well as it's state of charge. Some batteries/BMS can control the Cerbo.

If there's charge coming from the Orions, this will be picked up by the shunt/712.

Cerbo will adjust the output of the components it can manage to meet the system and battery demands for power.

Unless you need a separate display for battery info (it's all shown in the touch screen) use a smart shunt. But check the BMS features, the shunt info may be provided by that.

I'd also check the battery sizing against the multiplus requirements. 3000VA is a large current at 12V.

1 comment
2 |3000

abdmasoud avatar image abdmasoud commented ·

Thank you for the comprehensive explanation.

As I mentioned in my request I want the system to stay as simple as possible and do not wanted to add more elements which have the same function.

Concerning your comment about the battery sizing I am planning to add another 330 Amp Battery in the near future and the dealer mentioned that as far as I am not consuming to much Amp in daily basis I might not have any issue about this matter.

I know that Victron is recommending having a 400 Amp for the full usage capacity.

I am going to use the system for cocking and the induction stove do consume between 1200 and 1800 W/h

I have similar usage in my old vehicle system from different brand and I did not run to any serious issue using the system on daily basis having a 3k inverter with 200Amp Lithium battery.

0 Likes 0 ·