question

janlerouxrsa avatar image
janlerouxrsa asked

Cerbo GX interfacing to Hubble AM2

Good Day,

I have an solar site. No Inverter is connected. I have an Cerbo GX. The charger is an Smartsolar MPPT 150V50amp. The battery I'm using is 4x Hubble AM2's. I have a Hubble Cloudlink connected to the batteries. The Cerbo GX is connected to the Cloudlink via a VE.Can to CAN-bus BMS Type B cable. The Cerbo GX does not pick up the battery under device list. The VE.Can to CAN-bus cable is plugged into the Cloudlink CAN port and into the Cerbo GX VE CAN port. I am in contact with Hubble support but they mentioned normally they have Victron inverters setup this way. Have anybody experience in setting this up or know why the battery does not shoe under device list?

cerbo gxLithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The battery must be connected to the BMS.CAN port. Not VE.CAN.

They operate at different speeds so it won't work in the wrong port.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

janlerouxrsa avatar image janlerouxrsa commented ·
Thank You. It is working now. The Hubble documentation stated it must be in VE Can. Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ janlerouxrsa commented ·
I would have words with their support. It is pretty poor they don't know that, nor could help you. Anyway, glad you're sorted.
0 Likes 0 ·