question

pablo-ayuso avatar image
pablo-ayuso asked

Cerbo GX and BYD Premium HVS compatibility

Hi,

Recently I've bought a cerbo GX with the purpose to be connected to an BYD-Premium HVS 12,8 kWh. However, the BYD battery doesn't appear in the remote console. I've already apply all the specific instructions that appears at: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:byd_b-box

Cerbo GX and high voltage BYS batteries aren't compatible? There is some way to be both connected?

Thank you very much!

cerbo gxLithium BatteryBYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Pablo Ayuso,

Sorry to say there is simply no way possible.

Victron is only compatible with the 48V models.

Chapter 1.5 of those specific BYD instructions shows the compatible models.

1.5 Product & System compatibility

Attempting to connect BYD HVS/HVM batteries will destroy Victron equipment.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pablo-ayuso avatar image pablo-ayuso commented ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager),

Thanks for your answer.

I understand that high voltage BYD systems cannot be connected with the Cerbo GX directly, since it has an 8-80 V input. However, I am not powering the Cerbo GX with batteries, I am doing it with an external source of DC. There is no possible way to connect and read the data from the BMS?

I need to enable the DC output of the battery that is currently open and for this, I need the BYD battery to detect some device connected to it

0 Likes 0 ·
ess-and-solar-solutions avatar image ess-and-solar-solutions pablo-ayuso commented ·

Hi @Pablo Ayuso My observation is that you are trying to use the Cerbo as a completely standalone device also not connected to a Victron inverter? You only want to use it a a monitoring device? This unfortunately won't work.

0 Likes 0 ·
pablo-ayuso avatar image
pablo-ayuso answered ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager),

Thanks for your answer.

I understand that high voltage BYD systems cannot be connected with the Cerbo GX directly, since it has an 8-80 V input. However, I am not powering the Cerbo GX with batteries, I am doing it with an external source of DC. There is no possible way to connect and read the data from the BMS?

I need to enable the DC output of the battery that is currently open and for this, I need the BYD battery to detect some device connected to it

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

@Pablo Ayuso, I'll observe that the manual states that the GX device is not compatible with the HVS batteries, full stop; there is no caveat added of "unless it's powered by another source".

I can appreciate your reasoning in attempting to supply power from another source, hoping to discover a workaround, but unfortunately it appears that the manual is indeed correct (it almost always is) and the two devices are, as stated, not compatible.

0 Likes 0 ·