question

Tomáš Závodný avatar image
Tomáš Závodný asked

VRM EV Charger graph bug?

I have two EV chargers, but use only one. On VRM both chargers shows the same power usage even only one was used. I think, this is bug.

1687986371770.png

VRMbug reportevcs
1687986371770.png (77.9 KiB)
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kudos50 avatar image kudos50 commented ·
Some problem here so that makes three. Without a response which is a little odd considering the age of the original post.

@Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) can you please help us ? It seems the details in the tiles are OK but the graph + main text are incorrect.

0 Likes 0 ·
@Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) gentle reminder. 3 Victron setups with 2 times EVCS all sharing the same visual problems in VRM.
0 Likes 0 ·
It is known by the VRM team, it will be fixed, but I can't tell you when
1 Like 1 ·
kudos50 avatar image kudos50 kudos50 commented ·

I know it's probably a very, very small community owning 2 x EVCS. But this bug was submitted on the 28th of June making it exactly 9 months old.

Is there any way to get this higher on the backlog of the VRM team ?

If you ask me what I like best, a working DESS in VRM or this I'd probably rather have DESS work first. But bug fixing existing functionality should outweigh new functionality. And once it's in... it's in.

0 Likes 0 ·

There are priorities, I will try to push it a bit

1 Like 1 ·
4 Answers
multimake avatar image
multimake answered ·

Hi, I have exactly the same problem.

I have two EVCS NS, one placed on AC-Input and the other on AC-Output.

And I notice that the GX gets quite messed up when displaying data, mixing data between one and the other.

Sometimes it gives them the same name, sometimes it groups them together, sometimes it mixes up the "status", etc.

Evidently there is some problem in organizing the data.

I attach a picture where you can clearly see that it shows as "charged" the charger that has no car connected, and 0 W to the one that should be "charged".

victron.jpg

victron.jpg (79.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

motylu avatar image
motylu answered ·

On two installations I have problem with (maybe) common cause like yours.

Two brothers are living in the neighboring houses and share same Internet provider using one connection, so they have the same local network. One brother has EVCS, the other one doesn't. This EVCS is displayed in both consoles in Cerbo and also on VRM portal dashboard. In installation with EVCS in Cerbo is activated Modbus communication and EVCS is paired with this Cerbo (based on VRM ID), the other Cerbo has of course different VRM ID and deactivated Modbus. If I delete EVCS device from the second installation, after some time EVCS will automatically pop-up again in Cerbo console and VRM dashboard.

It is very annoying and not very good in terms, that someone else can see foreign device with real and historical data. EVCS is paired with only one particular Cerbo and should not be visible in other Cerbos or VRM portals.

Could you please, @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff), check this behavior with the SW development team? Thank you.

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi, on the webpage of the unit, you can whitelist the GX devices that you want to be able to paid with it.

An example below.

1706560209135.png

It is also explained in the manual - https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/EV_Charging_Station/en/troubleshooting.html#UUID-fb77d54f-6c2b-b8b5-f797-8ec80ebfdaeb

0 Likes 0 ·
1706560209135.png (34.7 KiB)
motylu avatar image motylu Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) , this should be the solution :--)
0 Likes 0 ·

Don't think the 2 brother example is related. In the screenshots shared above you can see both EVCSs reporting the correct status in VRM in the small letters. But the large letters and charge graph is mixed/shared etc.

Luckily everything works. It's just incorrect in VRM.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi, can you tell me your VRM portal ID so I can have a look?

1 comment
2 |3000

c0619ab2ef52

0 Likes 0 ·
kudos50 avatar image
kudos50 answered ·

It seems @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) is making progress with the VRM team! We're not there yet as for now it seems the graph is resolved and the status is still mixed up.

Thanks Lucian for prioritising this !

For those that want to check it out and/or provide feedback in this thread; the fix is currently only applied to the beta portal.

2 |3000

Related Resources