question

jewel2010 avatar image
jewel2010 asked

The BYD Battery & Victron synchronizing issues

Hello, I am Jewel Hasan acting head of implementation from Rahimafrooz Renewable Energy Limited in Bangladesh. I have installed numerous Victron products across Bangladesh over the past 6 years. Recently, we installed a BYD battery with a Victron inverter and charge controller, but I am encountering issues with system commissioning. The BMU of the BYD Battery is indicating a communication failure with the inverter, and the BYD battery is not receiving a charge from either the grid or the solar PV system. I am seeking your assistance in resolving this issue. Could you please provide guidance on how to charge the BYD battery using either the grid or the solar PV system?

The Victron products we have installed are as follows:

# Charge Controller: Blue Solar MPPT150/85 - 2 units

# Inverter: Quattro 48/8000/110-100/100 - 3 units

# As well as - CCGX and Shunt are also available.

Thanks

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerLithium BatteryCCGX Color ControlBYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What BYD do you have? Did you setup the BMU with BeConnect?
Do you have the correct communication cable between the BMU und CCGX (Type A cable)?

All settings as recommended here:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:byd_b-box

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.