question

pegi avatar image
pegi asked

Stop Smartsolar charging when overvoltage condition

Hi,

I tried to explain my question here (https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/39748/can-ccgx-disable-smartsolar-charging-via-vedirect.html), but nobody answered. Maybe I was a little bit confusing..

My question is:

Is there a way to stop charging Winston LiFeYPO4 batteries from Smartsolar without using a solenid?

My idea is, that CCGX is controlling Multiplus and therefore (might) know when there is undervoltage or overvoltage condition. (The Multiplus gets the signals from the BMS). And then CCGX can stop charging from Smartsolar via VE.direct...

Any idea appreciated.

Peter

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerLithium BatteryCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@PeGi, whether or not this would work depends somewhat on your other kit, since you didn't mention which SmartSolar MPPT you have or whether there's a BMV on the system, but at a glance I would suggest using a VE.Direct Non-Inverting Remote Cable plugged into your MPPT and controlled by the relay-out of the CCGX or, if you have a BMV on the system, controlled by the relay-out of the BMV. In either case you would simply select the desired parameters that would trigger the relay, which would turn on or off the MPPT via the remote cable plugged into the VE.Direct port.

Some additional details of this configuration are available in section 4.5 of the VictronConnect MPPT Manual.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pegi avatar image
pegi answered ·

Hi Justin,

thank you for your reply.

Smartsolar will be something like 100/30, 100/50, 150/35... (are this already "larger models"?). The panel decision is not made finally yet. Thank your for explaining the VE.Direct Non-Inverting Remote Cable. This was completely new to me and I will have a closer look. But I think this is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you!

Kind regards
Peter

2 |3000