question

fdemoraes avatar image
fdemoraes asked

How to charge my 48 volt 200ah LifePo4 battery bank with a 12 volt alternator

Just bought a brand new small class C RV and in the process of upgrading its electrical to add four (4) 320 watts @ 40.3V Voc, a 48 volt 200ah LifePo4 battery bank, Quattro 48/3000/35-50/50 120V Inverter/Charger, SmartSolar Charge Controller MPPT 150/45, etc. The Ford E350 chassis is equipped with dual alternators (240 & 157 amps) and we will be upgrading to dual AGM batteries, Optima Red top starting battery and Yellow top deep cycle to handle the 12,000 Lb. winch and air compressor. I know that the Cyrix-Li-CT can handle charging a 12 volt starting battery and 12 volt LifePo4 batteries safely but how do I step up its output to charge the 48 volt battery bank? Or is there a better option?

Thank you in advance.

I need assistance figuring out how to charge both of the AGM batteries and the 48 volt 200ah LifePo4 battery bank while in route to our destination.ow

Lithium Batteryalternator48v battery48volt charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Marc Heymans avatar image
Marc Heymans answered ·

You could get a small 12 volt inverter and connect it to your vehicle battery and then connect the output of that to your one of the inputs of your Quattro. You would have to be careful of your charging current on that input so as not to overload, your car system. It would be almost a trickle charge but it would work

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic