question

tougma avatar image
tougma asked

Time in bulk greater than 1440 minutes (24 heures) a day

Hello,

In recent days, I frequently have the "Time in bulk" that abnormally exceeds 1440 minutes (24 hours) in a single day. Usually I record between 12 and 13 hours of bulk duration.
What could be the reason and how to fix it?
PS: I am in west Africa, I use a Multi RS Solar 48/6000/100 with the last update and I read the data by Bluetooth on my phone

battery chargingsmart solar charging behaviour
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tougma avatar image tougma commented ·

I can understand that it could be exactly or less than 1440 minutes, equivalent to 24h00mn, only if the charge continues all the day.

But in my case, I read during nights 0 watt in solar panels power (0A and no more than 10V). In addition, I recorded three times 1443, 1444 and 1446 minutes of bulk duration a day.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Can it be, that the night is so bright, that the SolarCharger does not go into sleep?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thank you for the answer. I can understand that it could be exactly or less than 1440 minutes, equivalent to 24h00mn, if the charge continues all the day.

But in my case, I read during nights 0 watt in solar panels (0A and no more than 10V). In addition, I recorded three times 1443, 1444 and 1446 minutes of bulk duration a day.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

Does the charge controller actually display "BULK" mode after sunset? Is the battery pack ever getting fully recharged?

1 comment
2 |3000

On the charger screen (Multi RS Solar 48/6000/100), it displays no panel power after sunset. But, when I connect by bluetooth with it, it still continue all the day to be in bulk mode in historic data.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic