question

dagamma avatar image
dagamma asked

Quattro doesn't always turn on with Cerbo GX

Sometimes the Quattro 12/3000 (v209 latest firmware) doesn't switch on via the Cerbo, this gets fixed after a reboot of the Cerbo (v3.00)

There's nothing else connected in the VE.Bus system, only a BMV connected to the Cerbo.

Most of the times it works flawless. There's no difference between full or empty batteries, I've already tried that. I've used an original VE.Bus cable for the connection.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I think if you go through the last few fw updates on the latest 502 down to 480 in there there was a fix for this.

I see that you have 209 and on that hw you cant upgrade it any further. and I dont think victron will be doing another update for that version, so you may have to live with it.

also try installed guimods to the cerbo, kevin has done some changes in his interface and this MAY help, worth a go.

try switching to charge only then to inverter and see if that then allows it to turn back on.

sorry I cant be of more help

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
also make sure the the multiplus toggle switch is set to ON Always and just use the cerbo to turn it off, I think if you turn the toggle to off then the cerbo wont be able to turn it on.
0 Likes 0 ·
dagamma avatar image dagamma Paul B commented ·

Thanks for your response. I'll try the charger only > on steps next time the issue pops up.

The switch on the Quattro is always on and never touched, the jumper inside for the remote 'oldskool' switch is connected too.

I'm not too keen on using GUI Mods so I'd prefer a solution outside of third party in general

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Also next time the problem pops up, before you reboot the cerbo, go into the device list and select the inverter, see if the ve.bus state is still connected or if it shows disconnected. You may be able to use "redetect" instead of a full reboot.

2 comments
2 |3000

dagamma avatar image dagamma commented ·
It's still connected when it happens, it shows the device status as 'off'.

Redetect is only used when there's a change in the VE.Bus network usually right?

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas dagamma commented ·
Yes but it can also be used when communication is lost and fails to automatically restore such as when temporarily unplugging ve.bus from the cerbo to connect the inverter directly to a pc. No settings will be lost or changed by using it.
1 Like 1 ·