question

greg-jerome avatar image
greg-jerome asked

Victron 2014 phoenix system can I add components to upgrade to solar and mains?

Hello , I have the following older equipment in my ex crew van and would like to add 200w of solar and 240v hook up/charger with a Battery Management System , can anyone steer me to the correct Victron components (if possible) to achieve this?

Thanks Greg

Gel 12v-220AH Battery

Phoenix Inverter Compact 12volt 1600va

Phoenix Inverter Control

BMV -602S Battery Monitor

Cyrix-ct 12/24V-120A Battery Combiner

Battery Protect BP-200i

MPPT ControllerschargerSolar Panelinverter current draw
img-0680.jpg (1.9 MiB)
img-0682.jpg (2.1 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
tilo avatar image
tilo answered ·

For the solar panels use a BlueSolar or SmartSolar(with Bluetooth) MPPT 75/15, or bigger if you prefer (for example the 100/20).

The AC charger can be a BlueSmart 12/30 or 12/20, or a Skylla-IP44 12/30. You should not charge your battery with more than 44A (consider also a possible solar charger current).

If you want a nice display of everything, add a Color Control GX.

To connect your devices to the Color Control you need:

- RJ45 cable to the Phoenix Inverter

- VE-Direct to BMV-60x cable to connect your BMV.

- VE.Direct cable for the Bluesolar or Smartsolar charger

- if you want to see the AC charger explicitly as a device in the Color Control, choose the Skylla-IP44 12/30 because it has VE.Direct communication. You will need a VE.Direct to USB cable because the Color Control has only 2 VE.Direct ports.

Consider also selling your inverter and replacing it with a Multiplus, then you have better configuration options (especially the Power Control and Power Assist features), easier cabling and save space.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

greg-jerome avatar image
greg-jerome answered ·

Thankyou Tilo, very helpful ,I think your correct that I would be better with a Multiplus or an easy solar.

best regards

Greg

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic