question

Mark avatar image
Mark asked

vrm relay / switch pagewith RPI venus os

Hi All

Its been a while since I've been on here or tinkered lol, I was just wondering if anyone knows how to add the extra relays onto the switch page/tap on the VRM. I have venus running on a rpi 3b+ and I have 8 relays working on it but only one shows on the VRM, is it possible to get all 8 showing? with @Kevin Windrem page mods I have all 8 showing in the switches pop up menu when you press the button pop up.

Any help or Ideas would be great thanks in advance.

Mark

VRMVenus OSRaspberry PiRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

I don't recognize the "SWITCHES" tile covering the tanks area. Must be yours or someone else modification to my GuiMods Mobile Overview enhanced page. Nice work.

I have no idea how to make additional relays show up in VRM. That web page is a completely different user interface from the local and remote consoles. So that's the code that would need to change and I have no idea where it is or how it could be modified.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image Mark commented ·

@Kevin Windrem Thanks but I was sure it was yours??? Maybe @Rob Duthie can tell us?? But its been a while since I tinkered so??? Lol

If you'd like a copy of the page then no problem just let me know how and where to share it.

And thanks for info on vrm I just assumed that it would be in the venus reporting to vrm what's available if that makes sense.

Cheers

Mark

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie Mark commented ·
Hi

Yes victron device don't cover the added relays on there own Cerbo, CCGX etc, so only 2 relays are showing on the VRM, the raspi has extra 6x will not show due to no software for the VRM site and Venus to show them.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

1 Like 1 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

VRM would be a totally different undertaking that what GuiMods and RpiGpioSetup provides.

When I built the relay overview page, RPI only had 6 relays defined. Additional relays could be added but you'd need to make the screen scroll or page sideways. Making the columns narrower would not leave room for text, etc. A sideways swipe would conflict with the mechanism to change overviews so it would probably need to be a "More >" button.

2 |3000

Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Thanks @Kevin Windrem, I've got the 8 relays on your pop up, I was just wondering if they could be referenced / show up on the VRM like relay 1 does if that makes sense.

Cheers Mark screenshot-20230521-181222-vrm.jpgscreenshot-20230521-200655-vrm.jpgscreenshot-20230521-180600-vrm.jpg

2 |3000

damionjr avatar image
damionjr answered ·

Hi Mark, How did you get 8 switches to appear?

I can't work out how to more than 6 to appear on the relay screen. I then thought Node Red might be the answer but it limits us to only 4....

I know there are others on the Venus forums that would also be very interested in how you have added 8.

Well Done

2 |3000