question

axeleriksson avatar image
axeleriksson asked

Setting AC IN1 power via VE.can

I have my own computer (with cellular connectivity) which sits on the VE.can bus and communicates with a Cerbo GX. The Cerbo GX communicates with a MultiPlus-ii.

I want to be able to set the power of AC-IN1 (e.g. -400W) on the MultiPlus-ii by sending commands on VE.can to the Cerbo GX . I have found how to set the Current Limit and Device Mode.
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/VE.Can-registers-public.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1-Go6i--_o9tmi1a2HbiKqLzmbE4-X7Ryd1inbUG-Tj5ARHF8VK--MY50

I have also found this information
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:ess_mode_2_and_3?fbclid=IwAR0OKG8z5zgraGRhIbcp4FYZf97ui6oicwqXC_C6HDsf14y3sftUnHMePMg

which says "The 'VE.Bus to VE.Can interface' does not support reading and writing the ESS/grid-parallel setpoint." Does the "ESS/grid-parallel setpoint" refer to the power of AC-IN1 or does it refer to something else? I.e. is it not possible to directly set the target power via VE.can? If not, is there any work around?

Thanks!

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxVE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

axeleriksson avatar image
axeleriksson answered ·

If I understand correctly, dbus-mqtt would have to be implemented as some code running in the Cerbo GX itself? Since my external computer has cellular connectivity, I will remotely communicate which power I want to input/output, and I need to be able to communicate these values to the CerboGX/MultiPlus-ii. The only communication I have access to is the VE.can. I also have Over-the-air updates to my external computer, if I have to put some code inside the CerboGX, the possibility to use OTA decreases considerably.

2 |3000