question

abmyers avatar image
abmyers asked

Victron Connect reconnecting to Smart Shunt every 20-30 seconds

As the title states my Connect app reconnects to my shunt a few times a minute, which makes it difficult to use/read. It seems like several other people have had a similar problem in the past, but I wasn't able to find any answers. I've restarted/reset/reconnected both the phone and shunt with no luck. Firmware is up to date. Attached is the a log file, which hopefully will be enlightening for someone :). Any help would be appreciated.

VictronConnect_report.log

SmartShuntVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @abmyers

You mention "I've restarted/reset/reconnected both the phone and shunt with no luck", but did this also include power cycling the SmartShunt for a minute? The easiest way to do this is by unscrewing the fuse in the red wire to the battery +.

If so, what type of phone do you have?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

abmyers avatar image abmyers commented ·

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes I've power cycled it a few times with no luck, and my phone is a Motorola Z3.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ abmyers commented ·

Hi @abmyers

Thank you by the way for immediately including the service log. What it looks like from the service log is that the phone is terminating the connection and not the SmartShunt. So this can be Android or VictronConnect. We are still investigating, but for now we see no evidence that VictronConnect is actively disconnecting, so it looks like Android is doing this on its own.

Do you perhaps have other apps installed on the phone that do something with bluetooth?

And did it always have this behaviour or did it start to do this after a VictronConnect or firmware update?

And do you perhaps also have other victron products and how do they behave?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
abmyers avatar image abmyers Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Thanks for the reply. To address your questions:

Yes, I do have other apps on the phone that use bluetooth, but no other devices were connected to my phone. I'll uninstall them and do some more troubleshooting.

If I recall correctly it was doing the same thing before I did the firmware update. Is there a way for me to roll it back to check?

No other victron products to compare.

Again, thanks for your help. I'll post again after I do a bit more troubleshooting..

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ abmyers commented ·

Hi @abmyers

You asked: "Is there a way for me to roll it back to check?"
At the moment there is no way to roll back the update.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·