question

Daniele Calabrese avatar image
Daniele Calabrese asked

cannot access VRM error message Installation too busy realtime data link disabled

screen-shot-2023-05-03-at-091339.pngI have not been able to access the VRM for the past 4 days. If I go to the boat all is good. here is the error message. Installation too busy realtime data link disabled

VRMvrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Daniele Calabrese

Have you tried a reboot of the GX? You may need to do it on your next visit, and you can also set it up to reboot after a set time when comms are lost.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniele Calabrese answered ·

yes I did a number of times since last visit to the boat I installed 2 bluetooth gas tank sensor and added GPS antenna to victron gsm/lte module and removed a usb gps i had before. and yes I did set up reboot on no comm but seem not to work. any other help?

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@Daniele Calabrese

Ok. This 'too busy' thing might happen more frequently with one of the less powerful GXs, like a CCGX. It may be struggling because you have a lot of kit connected, or there's one particular device that's causing it issues. Could even be something simple like a dicky cable.

Maybe try the elimination process to try to find an offending device. Even reboot each time you remove one. So, patience and perseverance. I wish I could give you something more clear-cut to run with, sorry..

0 Likes 0 ·

All the devices that are attached are needed for my configuration. Shall i turn off internal Bluetooth since i have a USB bkietooth. I also turned off the wifi hotspot. Shall i chance the USB dongle? Maybe one you suffer and i change of? Or can it be since i have census large and activated signal k? Even though i did this 3 months ago

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@Daniele Calabrese

So it seems you have her well loaded up. And of course you need it all! :)

This is your issue. Victron keep developing features too, and sometimes warn that their use will add to cpu load. It still may be some particular device/feature that's the main cause, and perhaps even the frequency at which something is set to operate.

Maybe someone else has clues as to where the bad offenders dwell?

0 Likes 0 ·

I went to boat today. I realized issue with internet so i separated the boat internet from the victron internet. I use the 4g victron dongle dongle. I removed the wifi network from cerbo. All works and i checked the system is online and connected including vrm yet it still says in the apps that is not connected. Maybe refresh on the server side on your side?

2 |3000

screenshot-20230506-144735-photos.jpgCan you please check into this may e an issue on the server side or authentication? The cerbo is sending data i have signal k sending data to sailogger no problem. screenshot-20230506-144743-chrome.jpg

2 |3000

It fixed itself with 3.0 beta version 39. Thanks @mvader (Victron Energy) @JohnC

2 |3000

Related Resources