question

tom-brzeski avatar image
tom-brzeski asked

Victron Multiplus II 3000/48V enable L2 when inverting

Is there possibility to enable L2 while inverting? I've read documentation and it states that L2 line is only enabled when onshore power is present.

I apologize, I am newbie. I have large bank and I want utilize both L1 and L2.

I assume there must be a configuration setting in VEConfig app.

Thanks

Multiplus-IIVEConfigure 348v battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

No this does not happen. Why would you want this output on? It has been designed to only power up when the external AC input is present, to reduce loading on batteries from water heaters, AC units etc. If you have loads like this you want to drive from battery, and the bank is large enough, they can be connected to the L1 output.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jameshowison avatar image
jameshowison answered ·

This is possible, I think. It’s a bit convoluted (as I see it). You have to use veconfigure, which requires windows and the mk3 usb dongle, then add an assistant, then use the virtual switch, then choose AC-out-2 relay. Then you have to send those settings. Can also be done via remote veconfigure with VRM if you have a GX device. When that is on then AC-out-2 is powered up even when off shore power and inverting.

This helped me: https://youtu.be/tJGP3G0P7no?si=8PvJ3bKb92qfDERz

1 comment
2 |3000

Dean Perry avatar image Dean Perry commented ·

This is what you need to enable the relay for AC-Out-2.

I will add to this answer that

I have large bank and I want utilize both L1 and L2.

make it sound suspiciously like Tom wants _extra power_ which is not how this works - it is 3kVA total, not per output.

0 Likes 0 ·