question

richie-gorrod avatar image
richie-gorrod asked

Seplos BMS

Hello,

I am looking at the Seplos BMS 200a 16s.

Does anyone have any experience good or bad with this BMS and connecting via CAN Bus to a cerbo GX.

Many thanks,

Rich

BMSseplos
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@Richie Gorrod

Check out Off Grid Garage videos for some info.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

richie-gorrod avatar image richie-gorrod commented ·
Many thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·
jeanmarie avatar image
jeanmarie answered ·

I'm using this model, but the old one (10C) and I'm fully satisfied with it.

particularly since Seplos issued a new firmware (V2.9) correcting the fuzzy CVL calculation implemented in V2.8 firmware.

With this firmware you can now define your own CVL from DVCC menu as the one from the BMS is fixed at 58,2V and you can have access to detailed values of te lowest and highest voltage from all connected racks, that's a great improvement

3 comments
2 |3000

richie-gorrod avatar image richie-gorrod commented ·
Many thanks Jeanmarie.

Good news.

I have 4 x Seplos DIY batteries on the way with 280aH EVE grade A batteries. These have the 10e BMS.

I currently have a 24v Multiplus with AGM batteries. I am upgrading to 48v (Mutliplus II) just due to the batteries coming to the end of their life. - System is working great and love the Victron gear.

Could you share your DVCC settings as fairly new to LI.

Also was thinking of connecting each battery to a bus bar via a battery switch rather than using the parallel throughs on the battery.

Do you have more than 1 battery.

Sorry for all the questions.

Many thanks.

Rich.

P.S. - We have just putting 900 panels on the roof of our warehouse and getting 288kw regularly :-)

1 Like 1 ·
jeanmarie avatar image jeanmarie richie-gorrod commented ·

Hi Rich,

here with my DVCC settings, it is really basic but with a defined CVL so I can lower it to 55.5 to charge up to 3.45 (enough during summer where I have plenty of energy) and just need to increase to 56.3 to allow the resynch of the SOC to 100% (else it drift lower and lower every days)

capture-du-2023-05-27-08-21-19.pngRegarding busbar, yes I have 6 racks and they are all connected to a busbar (600A Victron) with the exact same length for all DC cables (+ and -)

1 Like 1 ·
mad-mike avatar image mad-mike richie-gorrod commented ·
Hi from a newbie. I too am planning on adding 3 x DIY 48v, 280A using the Seplos BMS and have been advised that every works with the Victron nicely.

My comment here was to inform you that I planned to use the Multiplus2 48V, 8000 but having spoken to my supplier, he has adamantly stated that he equivalent Quattro model for less than 300 Euros extra is by far a better bet in terms of quietness and build quality.

They told me at that output they would not consider the MP2 over the Quattro.

Might just be worth thinking about. Hope that helps in someway.

Mike

0 Likes 0 ·
richie-gorrod avatar image
richie-gorrod answered ·

Many thanks Mike,

I thought that the Multiplus II had better grid compatibility.

I am using ESS and only have 1 x AC Input.

Quite a good article below.

https://cleversolarpower.com/victron-multiplus-vs-quattro/

Good luck with your install. I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Rich

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron VE.Bus BMS product page

Victron 3rd party BMS compatibility page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic