question

raymond avatar image
raymond asked

Phoenix 24/5000 firmware upgraded to v502, now unable to connect via veConfig/MK3...

Hi All,

I got a third inverter (Phoenix 24/5000), so I updated all the Phoenix 24/5000 inverters to firmware v502 and need to get them working in parallel mode again. Neither veConfig, nor VE.Bus Quick Configure can connect via the MK3/USB dongle anymore. So, I am stuck with three units that only work stand-alone :(

In the VRM portal, all looks good:

capture-1.png

Is there any other software/firmware needed now? Any suggestions will be very welcome.

firmware updateVEConfigure 3
capture-1.png (12.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
raymond avatar image
raymond answered ·

Problem solved :) - The MK3-USB device was faulty.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Make sure your mk3 is up to date and veconfig and quick config. I had the same problem when I first installed my MP2's. When I updated the firmware in the multis vequick config did not recognize the new firmware so I couldn't do anything with them. I had to download the previous firmware and use veflash to get the multis to be recognized again.

2 |3000

raymond avatar image
raymond answered ·

Thank you Derrick. Tried, but unfortunately no luck. I used veFlash to load the previous version v496 and made sure the MK3 is updated, but nothing. I even tried with VictronConnect. VictronConnect has a force detection option, but using that, just crashed the application...

The only error I can find, is with using Quick Config, which reports this error:

"Cannot find Multi! Please retry. (Note that Multi must have a later version than 19xx105)"

which is not the case. I have version 2614xxx

I wonder if the 8 DIP switches can have something to to with this. I haven't moved them from default and the manual doesn't have much info regarding them.

Raymond

2 comments
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·

Are you connecting the multis directly to the PC with the mk3? Nothing else connected?

0 Likes 0 ·
raymond avatar image raymond derrick thomas commented ·
Yes, I am connecting the Laptop USB => MK3 ve.Bus => Multi (second ve.Bus port open).

Strange thing is that I can upload a new config using the VRM Portal (via Gerbo) when the Multi is connected to its ve.Bus. I can also see the Multi's status in the VRM. Everything looks good.

But when having the MK3 connected via the laptop, the only thing that works is veFlash....

0 Likes 0 ·
Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·

Did you download the latest version of VEConfig3 and VE Quick Config?

1 comment
2 |3000

raymond avatar image raymond commented ·
Hi Peter, yes I am using the latest version of VEConfig3. I even tried by installing it on another laptop, getting the same result.
0 Likes 0 ·
raymond avatar image
raymond answered ·

I have tried using a new cat5e cable - that did not help.

BUT, I have also tried the procedure as stated in the VEConfigure manual, section 18.1.1 "See if the MK3-USB works with a GX device" and cannot access the inverter and no stats get displayed either. Having the inverter plugged in directly to the Cerbo, works.

I am now trying to source another MK3 to see if that helps.

2 |3000