question

Topper avatar image
Topper asked

Why is my Multiplus control board with 1908xxx firmware acting as inverter?

I recently bought a Multiplus control print of a Victron Multiplus 12/2000/80 and want to use it in the same Multiplus of which the control print is broken.

But when I connect it and want to set it with an MK3 with the VE config software, it shows that it is an inverter 'Phoenix Inverter 12/2000' while the firmware in the chip is version 1908159, see screenshot;

12v-2000w.jpg

From the document 'VEBus firmware numbers' I read that firmware starting with 1908 is a 'MultiPlus Compact 12/2000 / 80-30' version. What do I have to set / configure to make the control board function as a Multiplus again?

Thank you

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerfirmware updateVEConfigure 3
12v-2000w.jpg (40.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I would try to install the lastest FW again.

But it's also possible that the PCB you bought is out of a Phoenix because in the list of the FW numbers are no Phoenix Inverter listed. So I guess the MultiPlus and Phoenix 12/2000 have the same number.

Is there any other label on the PCB?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Topper avatar image Topper commented ·

Thank you for your answer @Matthias Lange - DE, I had already updated the firmware to the latest version as you can see in the following screenshot, the control board had a firmware of 1908132.

p1150060.jpg

It could be that it is only a Phoenix inverter version, but the electron parts on the printed circuit board are completely the same as a Multiplus version, so I assumed it would be a Multiplus controlboard.

0 Likes 0 ·
p1150060.jpg (1.5 MiB)
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Topper commented ·

It seems to be a Phoenix Inverter PCB - CIN is the short for "Compact Inverter"

In the current price list some of the "Phoenix Inverter Compact" still have CIN in there product number.

A MultiPlus PCB should have "PMP" there.

1 Like 1 ·
Topper avatar image Topper Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

ok, I didn't know that, so it must be a Phoenix inverter, thanks for the explanation @Matthias Lange - DE

0 Likes 0 ·