question

kostya avatar image
kostya asked

How to show battery charge percentage from Orion dc-to-dc and SmartShunt?

So I have in my system:

1. Lifepo4 battery

2. SMARTShunt

3. MultiPlis 12/3000

4. Non-Isolated Orion Dc-to-Dc charger

5. Cerbo GX

In VictronConnect App I can see how battery percentage is going down when I'm using some devices, but I do not see how battery percentage grows when Dc-to-Dc in charging the battery.

Should I somehow specifically connect Orion or SmartShunt or should I setup this somehow in VRM portal. I did not found any options. Only thing I saw was BatteryMonitor where I could choose MultiPlis or SmartShunt or Automatic detection.

SmartShuntbatteryorion dc-dc
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Kostya

I'd first make sure that the SOC reading you're looking at is actually the Smartshunt. Select that 'Automatic' box and the Smartshunt will show as Selected. Then turn off the Battery Monitor in the Multi, it's of no use to you anyway. You're sure then.

If the Orion's charge doesn't register, then it's likely wired incorrectly, perhaps bypassing the shunt.

With a Cerbo, you have a wired comms system. You can access some of the devices via bluetooth if you want, but don't network them with bt, this can interfere with the wired network.

The Orion doesn't communicate it's charge functioning to the Cerbo, so don't expect that. Maybe select the 'Has DC System' in the Cerbo and you'll have a de-facto figure show on the screens.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.