question

muhammed avatar image
muhammed asked

Bluenova Battery BMS Not Connected

I have 3 sites which have been installed over the past month which randomly disconnect from the battery BMS. All of the sites have 3 x 15kva quattros and Bluenova Batteries. Randomly the batteries disconnect however resetting the battery does not solve the issue. Only resetting the Cerbo GX allows the battery to be redetected. Any idea what could be the solution.

cerbo gxBMSbluenova
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Have you updated to 2.94 on the GX?

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

muhammed avatar image muhammed commented ·
Hi Nick

I updated to 2.93 and it didnt help. then downgraded to 2.85 because 2.94 was not available. I will update it now and see if it helps. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ muhammed commented ·
There is a fix for a CAN BMS issue that occasionally happens.

Failing this, check your bus is properly terminated else BlueNova have a BMS issue and you will need to take this up with their support.

0 Likes 0 ·
muhammed avatar image muhammed nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Nick. I updated the firmware yesterday. On one site I have gotten 2 low voltage at alarms above 55V which cleared after a few seconds. This used to happen previously as well and every few days the Cerbo would require a reset when the alarm did not clear for a while. I am afraid that this is the first indication that v2.94 has not resolved my issue. I have been logging the data on the Bluenova side with a device called BMAC. The BMAC shows no drop in data from the Bluenova side.
0 Likes 0 ·
muhammed avatar image muhammed nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
@nickdb HI

Just an update. I updated all 3 sites.

Site 1. Used to give that BMS not connected error everyday. Has not given an error in 2 days.

Site 2. Used to give the error every 3-5 days. Has not given the error in 2 days. Will have to wait and see.

Site 3. Used go give the error every 3-5 days. Error has now occurred twice yesterday and twice today. Today I had to reset the cerbo once while the other times it automatically cleared.

0 Likes 0 ·
ernie avatar image ernie muhammed commented ·
Was issue resolved, I have same problem
0 Likes 0 ·
ernie avatar image ernie muhammed commented ·
Please Muhammed, if you get this message please contact me.
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

also check that the bluenova bms has a diferant can instance for each battery, this is also a possible cause.

1 comment
2 |3000

muhammed avatar image muhammed commented ·
when you say difference can instance, meaning?
0 Likes 0 ·